Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Developer
Department: Systems Support
Location: 8300 Lane Drive, Watervliet
Position Type: Full-Time
A high-level functional role responsible for the on-boarding development, deployment, and support of EDI initiatives including; map development and testing of various protocol methods (AS2, FTP, SFTP) following formal Stage Gate processes for customers and suppliers, requirements gathering and documentation, interface completion and map QA and UAT, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have knowledge of and comply with the policies and procedures contained in the Lane Automotive handbook.
- Create, deploy, test, and administer all incoming and outgoing EDI documents.
- Troubleshoot and improve all data and workflow processes to resolve any immediate or potential content or map issues.
- Ensure all system changes are processed according to Change Control guidelines.
- Coordinate, onboard, and test new Trading Partners, developing processes which provide optimal levels of customer service.
- Assist in the design of all EDI map documents and prepare all test data, managing all communications and workflow of internal and external resources.
- Manage all service calls while providing first-line technical support to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Work closely with technical resources to monitor daily transmission processes.
- Define, create, and analyze EDI transactional reports to manage program success and progress.
- Review, analyze, construct, modify, and support business application systems utilizing best-practice and formal SDLC methodologies including; coding, QA, testing & UAT, debugging, deployment and user training/support.
- Perform and participate in code reviews and refactoring improving nonfunctional software attributes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in MIS, IT, IS or related degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of professionally related experience EDI mapping/development. Ability to design and deploy best-practice in developing EDI maps and specifications including; X12, XML, and all other electronic data interchange technologies. Preference for experience within one or more of the following competencies: EDI Development & Support Projects, GXS Biz manager, Infor SX.e ERP as well as those with knowledge of enterprise systems/program integration architecture, interdependencies, and interoperability.
Online Employment Application
Equal Opportunity Employer - Aids available upon request to candidates with disabilities.
More Info - Employment At Motor State